Friday 19 April 2013

Our Mummification Song!

After a great day of collaboration and learning with the fantastic Early Years teachers of our division, I tasked myself with adding lyrics to the recording of our mummification song, in a format that could be added to our blog and share with others. 

I created a Keynote presentation with the lyrics on slides, a program I haven't used in a few years. That was the simple part. I then fiddled with iMovie to try and attach my audio to the slideshow, with no success. Going another route, I tried to play the audio in the background while recording the slideshow in Keynote, but the quality was poor and my puppy wouldn't cooperate in the background! Scrapping that plan, I then explored Keynote further and found I could add a soundtrack to the slideshow...but even this didn't come easily! First the song wouldn't continue when I proceeded to the next slide and then it would, but was echoing! I stuck with it and discovered my error.

Well... it took 2 hours of fiddling and some frustration, but I finally figured it out! Persistence paid off! Of course, I could have waited until Monday so that I could ask a colleague, but I can be a little stubborn and once I put my mind to something, I have to figure it out! 


Hope you enjoyed this video, as well as the other video created by Harmony Parent which was posted earlier.

~Ms. Burland


No comments:

Post a Comment